G Bryan Jones is registered in England and Wales and referred to as “G Bryan Jones Ltd”, “We” or “Us” in this Policy.
We respect the privacy of individual and company’s data that is provided to us in the course of business. We handle your data fairly and legally at all times and will endeavour to be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
This policy shows how we:
- use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure privacy is maintained;
- your legal rights relating to personal data;
when you access our services via store, website, email or telephone.
How We Use Data
- To provide goods and services.
- We will rely on legitimate interests in order to: register vehicles with DVLA, machinery warranty registration with manufacturers, warranty claims, service follow up, and where you have requested finance arrangements.
- To manage accounts that you hold with us.
- To verify your identity.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes. Where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information (e.g. public authority or a legal dispute).
- With your prior agreement to contact you electronically or by mail regarding promotional offers, products and services which we feel would be of interest to you.
Personal Data We Collect
- Name and title
- Contact details, postal address for billing and delivery, telephone numbers (including mobile) and email address.
- Purchase and payment history
- Your communications and marketing preferences
- Your correspondence and communications with us.
- Other publicly available personal data when you communicate with us via a public platform (e.g. Twitter feed or Facebook page).]
- Your insurers details when provided by yourself to fulfil a transaction.
How Long We Keep Data
We will not retain your information longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Normally data will be held for a maximum of 10 years.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
So that we can provide certain services to you we need to share your personal data with some service partners. These include:
- manufacturers for warranty registration.
- finance companies where you have requested.
- card processing companies when payments are made by card.
- Budget/Calor gas when entering into a cylinder refill agreement.
- DVLA for registration of vehicles.
- Accountancy services when preparing our annual accounts.
- Ibcos computers who’s accountancy package we use and they may from time to time have access to our system for maintenance and IT support.
- SIRUSS Ltd our website hosting provider who may from time to time have access to our system for maintenance and IT support.
- Thomas Higgins for debt recovery purposes.
- Your insurance company/broker with regards to cover notes for new machinery and when providing repair work as required.
- Periodically we may be approached by other businesses for a credit reference. We will provide details regarding your credit worthiness and confirming your name and address.
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court case).
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
You have the right to
- Ask what personal data we hold about you
- Ask for your personal data to be amended if incorrect, updated, or removed.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications. You can opt out at anytime via our website contact form, by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (and use the subject title “Opt Out”) or in writing.
If you wish to take any actions regarding your personal data, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this document.
We recognise that people are becoming increasingly concerned about how companies protect personal information from misuse and abuse and about privacy in general.
All personal data that you supply Us with from Our website is stored on servers provided by Our hosting provider. We understand that Our hosting provider (SIRUSS Ltd) only employs servers sited in data centres that have the highest level of security accreditation at the time of implementation. For your protection, We never store any payment details and where possible We store personal data such as passwords, encrypted.
We use industry standard TLS certificates to provide encryption of data in transit, for example, all access to Our website is covered by HTTPS.
Please also be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond Our control.
Any breach of privacy which is likely to be a risk to an individuals rights and freedom will be reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours. Any breach of privacy will be logged and documented by us.
Tel: 01588 638647
Postal: Mr. G.R. Jones, G. Bryan Jones Ltd., Unit 4, Industrial Estate, Love Lane, Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire. SY9 5DW.
Last updated 10.05.18